What is the Liebster award? Well, if you google it (which I did the first time I had heard of it) it was started by a girl in Germany as a way to get bloggers of a few followers noticed. It's a way of building community in the blogger community. Liebster means dearest. So, you just find one of those sweet, dear, awesome up and coming blogs that you think is super cool.
Just think of it as that scene in A Christmas Story where Ralphie's dad gets that "major" award. It's super cool and awesome and you don't want anyone to take it from you, not even your jealous wife who does anything she can to get rid of it. It's awesome to you, but unless you get the award, it doesn't mean much.
|Remember that one time I saw the major award in person?|
Rule #1. Post 11 facts about yourself.
Rule #2. Answer the 11 questions posed by the person who nominated you.
Rule #3. Nominate 5 other bloggers with less than 200 followers for the award.
Rule #4. Create 11 new questions for your nominees.
Rule #5. Go to each blogger’s site and let them know about the award.
Rule #6. Thank the person who nominated you and link back to his/her blog.
MY ANSWERS TO OLIVIA'S QUESTIONS:
- What is your fashion style? I have no idea. I've been told I'm "hipster," but I don't think so. I usually just wear what I think is cute. I like vintage, lace, and dresses, but I'm not confined to those pieces
- What is your favorite book? My favorite book is World War Z by Max Brooks, but my favorite series is the Harry Potter series by JK Rowling.
- If you could be any animal what would you be? I would probably be a dog, a husky, to be exact. Because dogs are awesome and they can be trained to perform or just wander around terrorizing people. I, personally, would want to be an Iditarod sled dog like Balto.
- What are your favorite names for a girl and a boy? Girl: Sophia, Emma; Boy: Alexander (No, these are not names I have picked out for my future children.
- Would you rather eat something blindfolded or without tasting it? Probably blindfolded. The less I know the better.
- Tell me about your best friend(s). I have several best friends. My friend, Rosendo, is super talented and awesome. I'll let his artwork speak for itself.
I met Haley at Navigators at the University of Cincinnati. We didn't become friends until the last few years of college, but I now consider her one of my best friends. She's got a little baby girl, Cora. One thing I like best about Haley is that she is really laid back, and I don't feel like I have to hold back. I also loved our craft sessions which I miss so much!
I also met Mackenzie at Navigators. She is super creative, and she inspires me all the time with her artwork, food, and love for God. She lives in Seattle, but I still feel like I can call her up any time.
Finally, my friend Becky I've known since high school. She has a love for Cleveland just like me and loves to go exploring. She's also moving back to Cleveland! Yay!
- What is your favorite thing to do with your family? Ha. This is a good one. My family is pretty disfunctional when we do anything in public. I guess I would say just being together, especially during the holidays, because we don't do much as a family.
- If you could have any job in the world, what job would that be? I would love to be a full time blogger, with an income that allowed to me to travel so that I could blog about it. I would also love to be a designer of some kind. I still kick myself that I didn't go through with Interior Design. BUT I also love teaching! So I'm kind of doing what I love, just not quite.
- If you had the chance to live a different lifestyle, would you? Yes, not that I don't like who I am. I would just rather travel more and work less.
- 10. What is your favorite joke? I laugh at pretty much anything. But I can't think of my favorite joke. Those Bad Luck Brian memes always crack me up though.
- What are your top three favorite stores? Thrift stores, Target, and Forever 21
11 FACTS ABOUT ME:
- I'm super introverted (probably why I thrive in online posting). I like spending lots of time alone, but I don't like being alone all the time. I actually don't really like talking either. I absolutely hate talking on the phone.
- I have a blueish/purple line on my leg that I've had since I was little. I fell of a chair and scratched my leg on a baseboard heater in my room. The scar still remains.
- I had my lip pierced. I took it out because I kept swallowing the piercings.
- I believe in God, and I believe that Jesus is my Lord and Savior.
- I have naturally curly hair.
- I have never left the United States. However, I'm saving up to visit my sister in the Philippines next summer.
- When I was little I had a gigantic coat. At recess I used to get my entire body inside of it and pretend I was in a house drinking hot chocolate instead of socializing. Didn't I tell you I was an introvert... and also weird.
- I will eat almost anything but milk, raisins, and bacon.
- There were over 800 people in my graduating class. I will never go to a high school reunion.
- I like being pale. I hate when people tell me I need more sun. Just because you are self conscious about your skin doesn't mean you have to take it out on me.
- I have a terrible memory, but I have an uncanny ability to remember birthdays.
MY 5 NOMINEES FOR THE LIEBSTER AWARDS:
- Mackenzie at The Elrod's: Sending Love from the West
- Haley at Golden Skies
- Ally at Fever Thrift*
- Alex at Whimsy Darling
- Monica at The First Lime
MY QUESTIONS FOR MY LIEBSTER BLOGS:
- Who is your role model?
- What band or musician could you listen to on repeat?
- What is your profession?
- Where were you born?
- Can you speak another language?
- How would you describe your decorating style?
- What is your favorite way of expressing yourself?
- Why did you start your blog?
- If you had a chance to live through any period in history other than your own which one would you choose and why?
- What do you do in your alone time?
- What is your favorite book?