I have been absolutely terrible with keeping up with my blogging. I just haven’t had the motivation to turn on my computer. But hopefully I can get back in the swing of things. I have a ton of ideas for blog posts, I just haven’t gotten around to them.
Anyways, one thing I love about summer is s’mores. I haven’t made them this year because we just haven’t had a fire at our house, not that that has stopped me from making one on the grill, in the microwave, or even on a candle. I go to great lengths for my s’mores. The other day I made a s’mores krispy treat (like a rice krispy treat, but s’morey).
- 1 (10 oz) bag marshmallows
- 1 box (12 oz) Golden Graham cereal
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet mini chocolate chips
- 6 Tbsp butter
- non-stick cooking spray
- Melt butter in a large non-stick pot on medium heat.
- While butter is melting spray a 9x9 or 11x7 pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Once butter is melted, add marshmallows to butter and stir together until marshmallows are melted completely and look creamy. HINT: Spray your spoon with non-stick cooking spray to keep your marshmallow mixture from sticking to the spoon.
- Turn off heat and stir in cereal.
- Stir in chocolate chips. They will have a tendency of melting, especially if you make it on a hot day like I did.
- Spread mixture into your into your pre-greased pan.
- Put in the refrigerator for about 10 minutes to cool.
- Cut into bars and enjoy!
Unfortunately, the next day my dad broke the glass pan and ended up throwing it away so my enjoyment was short lived. Probably a good thing for my waste line.