This recipe has few ingredients, but it does keep you pretty involved. But I think it's worth it, especially for fall and winter!
What you need:
- 1 large head of cauliflower (I promise you won't have too much)
- Olive Oil
- Spice of your choosing (I added chili powder and paprika)
- 3 large sweet potatoes, cut into 1" pieces
- 1 vidalia onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 7 cups water
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Cut up cauliflower into bite sized pieces. Place on ungreased cookie sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and and your spices.
- Place in oven and cook until soft. I would suggest about 30 minutes, but check after 25.
- In a large stock pot add sweet potato, onion, and garlic to a boil. I added a bit of salt when it came to a boil. Reduce heat and allow to simmer until sweet potatoes are soft. I'd suggest checking around the 15-20 minute mark, but it won't take long since the potatoes are small.
- Once the sweet potatoes are soft add the cooked cauliflower to the soup.
- Divide the soup in half and blend one half. Keep the other half in the stockpot.
- Once the first half is blended add back to the stockpot and stir.
- Add salt to taste.
- Enjoy. At this point I added a lot more salt because I like the savory sweet taste of things, and it was still a bit bland.