What you need:
- 1/4 cup penne pasta water
- 8 oz spinach, remove stems
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1/4 grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 olive oil
- 1 garlic clove
- Seasonings of your choice
- ricotta (set aside)
- Cook pasta according to box directions. When pasta is done save 1/4 cup of water. Drain the rest.
- Pulse spinach, walnuts, Parmesan cheese, olive oil, and garlic in a food processor until smooth.
- Add 1/4 cup of pasta water to blended pesto and mix.
- Mix pesto and pasta. Season to your liking.
- Top with ricotta cheese. Enjoy!