I saw this project a while ago on Design Sponge and wanted make my own. I figured January would be a perfect month to start because then I would be able to start the journal from day one. I am one of those people who can't start something in the middle of the year. I have a lot of peculiarities about me. It just wouldn't have been right to me to have my journal start in April because then it would just throw it off every year.
What you need:
- 190 4x6 Notecards- this size notecard is actually a lot harder to find than you would think. I ended up buying them at K Mart for more than I would like to spend, but it was cheaper than CVS and WalMart was completely out. I know! How can Wal Mart be out? Also, make sure you start off with more notecards than you would need because I did make several errors, especially while stamping.
- Vintage Post Cards- I bought mine on Etsy, but depending on what you want and how much you are willing to spend you can also check out Amazon.com or Ebay.com. Also, check out your local antique stores!
- Paper Trimmer- I got mine at Joann Fabrics, but I know they sell them a lot of places, including Walmart.
- Berry Box- I bought mine from Sur La Table, but you can find nice ceramic ones from Anthropologie. You can also find an a real berry box from local flea markets or online, like Etsy, Amazon, or Ebay.
- Ink Pad
- Date Stamp- I bought mine from Danni on her Etsy site, but now she sells on Storenvy. I also believe you can probably find them on Etsy or other craft stores.
I started by cutting my cards in half. DO NOT cut more than two cards at a time or they will end up not cutting straight. I also trimmed my postcards to be the same width as my notecards, but slightly taller so they can divide the months.
Then I stamped all of my notecards. This is a very mind numbing task. Make sure you make a notecard for February 29! You don't need to add years!
I stamped by day, so I did Jan 1, Feb 1, etc. and then I put the cards in piles by month. It was easier for me.
The point of the notecards is that you add to it every year with just a little something to remember the day. It's a one line journal! The hardest part is keeping the entry on one line! Your memories can be anything from "breakfast with mom" to "got engaged!"
It's a really cute idea and I hope to make several for friends.