What you need:
- Rye bread
- Your favorite cooking oil
- Basil pesto
- Mozzarella cheese
- I started by pouring a little bit of oil in a skillet/you can also use a panini maker.
- I then spread a bit of pesto on one slice of bread and topped it with mozzarella cheese and let it warm up in the skillet.
- I then put a tomato (or two) in the skillet to warm it up. I flipped it once and then placed it on the pesto/mozzarella bread. Make sure it gets soft, but don't leave it on too long.
- I then put a little more mozzarella cheese on top of the tomato.
- I layered the avocado after the cheese started to melt. I would slice the avocado very thin or else it will slip out of the sandwich.
- Finally I added the other slice of bread.
- I flipped the sandwich once until the other side was toasted.
Both of these recipes were perfect for today. It was rainy and dreary. But also a perfect fall day!