What you need:
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 1/2 tbsp butter
- 1 shallot minced (I used a sweet onion because Kroghetto didn't have shallots)
- 1 bag fresh baby spinach
- 1/4 cup light sour cream
- 2 oz light cream cheese
- 1 cup chickpeas
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- salt and pepper
- I rinsed the sweet potatoes off and then wrapped them in foil. I baked them at 350F for 1 hour, or until fork tender.
- Cut the sweet potatoes in half and let cool for 5-10 minutes
- While the sweet potatoes are cooling, saute the shallots with butter over medium heat until translucent. Add fresh spinach and heat for 2-3 minutes, until spinach as cooked down. I bought a bigger things of spinach so I think I used about 5 handfuls. Set aside.
- Scrape the sweet potato out of the peel leaving a thin layer inside with the peel so that it can stand up on its own. I had the most difficulty with this part. It left me with only 2 potato skins because I completely destroyed the other one.
- Mash sweet potato with cream cheese and sour cream. Stir in chickpeas, spinach, and salt and pepper.
- Coat the potato skins with a drizzle of oil and bake for 5 minutes to get crispier.
- Remove from oven and fill each skin with sweet potato mixture and top with shredded mozzarella cheese. Bake again for 10-15 minutes.