What you need:
- 5 green tea bags
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup crushed ice
- 1/2 cup milk
- Heat sugar and water in a small sauce pan, stirring often.
- Bring to a boil and add vanilla. Let boil for about 30 seconds, and remove from heat.
- Immediately add in 3 green tea bags, and let tea bags steep in syrup until syrup has cooled completely; remove tea bags.
- Brew a cup of green tea. I used the other two tea bags to make it extra strong like the recipe I read. Let tea cool completely. I put it in a window so the breeze would cool it.
- Crush ice in a blender until it is fine enough to be consumed with a straw.*
- Fill a cup with crushed ice. Pour 1/2 cup of green tea, 1/2 cup milk, and 1/4 cup green tea syrup; stir. Adjust to your liking*
*It turned out pretty watery, but it still tasted good. I experimented a bit on the second batch and just put everything right in with the ice and blended it all together. It turned out better but I think the syrup and tea should be refrigerated so it doesn't melt the ice so fast.