|My dad and me at a Girl Scout event (7 years old).|
I really miss my childhood. I think about it a lot, and I'm glad I was able to hold on to it for as long as I did. It's a shame that kids try to grow up to fast. Anyways, my responses below are just random things I remember from my childhood. I cannot tell you exactly how old I was for all these responses, I just know most happened before I was in high school. I was a weird child.
|My mom and me at a Girl Scout event (7 years old).|
I wanted to be a lot of things: Tornado chaser, geographer, teacher, actress.
What were your favorite animals?
I remember liking monkeys (which were always my favorite), dogs, and armadillos.
What was your favorite subject in school?
I always loved social studies, which I guess makes sense since I majored in history and social studies education.
What sports did you play?
I played t-ball and softball, basketball, soccer, gymnastics, and dance. I sucked at all of them.
What television shows did you watch?
I remember watching a lot of Power Rangers, old Nickelodeon shows, Pokemon, McGee and Me, and I had a phase where I was obsessed with the Weather Channel.
What were your favorite movies?
I LOVED All Dogs Go to Heaven. I can't remember what other movies I loved, but I probably watched a lot of Disney movies, Space Jam and Titanic. My sister and I begged my parents to take us to see Titanic for weeks. I remember waking up one time and one day we woke up and my dad had taped the movie times from our door. I was so excited.
What were some of your favorite video and computer games?
Donkey Kong, Super Mario, KidPix, Twisted Metal, Crash Bandicoot, Oregon Trail Game, and this one game we used to play on the computer in computer class. I really wish I remember what the name was because it was awesome.
Who were your celebrity crushes?
Kenny Lofton (he played for the Cleveland Indians), Leonardo DiCaprio, Lance Bass (before he was gay), and Nick and Aaron Carter.
What music did you listen to?
Obviously, Spice Girls, Backstreet Boys, and N*Sync. I also listened to oldies, Destiny's Child, Dream, All Saints, Hoku.
|My sister, my dad, and me at a Girl Scout Event (6 years old).|
- I remember being obsessed with Titanic and Leonardo DiCaprio (not much has changed).
- When I was in first grade I was on the playground and my cousin and his friends came up to me and told me to kick him in the balls. I was nervous and wanted them to leave me alone so I did it. I got in so much trouble and tried to keep it from my mom, but my aunt eventually told her on Halloween.
- I had this really large coat and for some reason I liked to be by myself when I was younger so I would hide my entire body in it on the playground and pretend I was drinking hot chocolate and stuff inside of it. Like I said I was a strange child.
- I used to have this notebook (and I still wish I had it because I would love to read it). I would just write all kinds of things in it. I don't even remember what, but I loved that book.
- Playing with my siblings and our neighbors all summer. I loved those times. Also, hanging out in front of the tv watching each other play video games.
- Always volunteering to read the school announcements and Bible passages and stuff for church. I went to a Catholic elementary school.
- Do you remember that scene in All Dogs Go to Heaven where the little girl sings to the picture of the dog in the attic? I used to sing that song to pictures of my mom's cat.
- Going to Indians games. I believe this is the reason I still love the Indians so much. I definitely still remember the 95 and 96 World Series team! I also remember Kenny Lofton was number 7 and Albert Belle was number 8. I used to say that when I turned 7 or 8 it was my Lofton or Belle year.
- I used to wear my Catholic school uniform all the time! It was so comfortable.
- I remember being jealous that my sister was in the hospital because she got gifts from everyone and even got the troll I wanted. I got one too, but she got the better color. I also remember being in the hospital to visit with my dad.
- I really loved the Catholic school I attended from kindergarten-8th grade. I wish I still kept in better contact with my friends from there.
- My mom said I used to write stories all the time when I was a child.
- I loved cleaning as a child as much as I do now.
Do you regret anything from your childhood?
I don't really regret anything except the fact that I had a terrible temper (and still do). I used to get mad at the littlest things.
|Me, my sister, and my brother on our first airplane ride. We were going to Florida for the first time.|
I know I'm missing so much on here that I wish I remembered to write down, but this was a lot of fun to write!