What you need:
- 3 peppers, chopped (go with the colorful ones!)
- 4-5 spicy Italian sausages
- 3-4 cloves of garlic minced
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- Basil leave spice
- Balsamic vinegar
- Olive oil
- Penne pasta
- Salt and pepper
- Put balsamic vinegar and olive oil in a sauce pan (enough to cove the bottom like I have pictured). Sprinkle the basil leaves, salt, and pepper to the mixture. Steep on low heat for 10 minutes.
- Cook the sausages in another sauce pan with a little oil and the garlic. Make sure to turn the pieces over so each side cooks.
- As the sausage was cooking I cut up the peppers and the onion. I then added it to the balsamic vinegar and olive oil mixture. I turned up the heat to medium-high heat and cooked it for 6-8 minutes.
- When the 6-8 minutes was up I turned the heat low and let it sit to keep it warm.
- Remove the sausage and start boiling water for the pasta. Cook the pasta following the box directions.
- At this point I cut up the sausage into pieces. It still wasn't cooked all the way so I added it to the pepper mixture to finish cooking.
- When pasta is finish, drain.
- Put the pasta in bowls and top with the peppers and sausage.